Head of Programme Operations- Based in North East Syria
The Head of Programme Operations - Based in North East Syria
The Head of Programme Operations is leading on all operational elements of programme implementation of Save the Children International’s humanitarian response in Northeast Syria. The post holder is responsible of the effective and efficient delivery of programmes and to ensure that implementation is in line with the strategic direction.
The Head of Programme Operations will be responsible for effective and efficient program delivery in the NES Area Office through the Area Managers in three field offices across NES. She/ He leads the program implementation and work closely with the Head of Programmes overseen by the Head of Office to effectively deliver program in the agreed standard. The post holder will play a key role in supporting and building capacity of senior national staffs to take on higher responsibility. In addition, the post holder will support the effective implementation of SCI’s partnership approach through direct engagement with local partners.
Furthermore, the Head of Programme Operations work with the Area Managers to ensure all systems are implemented and risks at the field offices are mitigated. He/ She will work to ensure that program delivery and support function is focus on coordinated efficient program delivery including working with other stakeholders such as camp leaders. The post holder will play a strategic role in leading the effective scale up and management of Save the Children emergency and recovery programmes in NE Syria through the field offices to increase impact and enable positive change for children.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Extensive experience of working within a management role within a complex country programme in an emergency response, conflict or fragile state
• At least 5 years of project and programme management experience with solid understanding of the full project management cycle.
• Previous experience of managing programme teams in complex contexts
• Master’s Degree in a relevant subject
• Previous experience of managing a large multi-sector, multi-national team
• Previous experience of programme management across multiple locations
• Experience of managing multi-donor, multi-site programmes (including ECHO, GFFO, SDC, SIDA and OFDA) of USD 5 – 10m
• Commitment to, thorough understanding of, and able to train staff in participation and accountability approaches
• Demonstrated ability to set up monitoring & evaluation systems in large complex programmes.
• Demonstrated ability to set up learning and development processes for a large team
• Proven ability of mentoring and coaching
• Experience of developing and negotiating successful partnerships with institutional donors
• Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
• Proven ability to influence change at an operational and strategic level
• Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
• A high level of written and spoken English
• The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
• Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
• Language skills in Kurdish or Arabic is advantageous.
• Experience or knowledge of working and living in the region.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of international terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Date advertised: 7 Oct 2021
Closing date: 23 Oct 2021 - 22:59 CEST
Location: Amman Governorate, Location
Department: Programme Operations
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time