Senior Project Manager – CAPP Member Deployment
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Senior Project Manager – CAPP Member Deploymentinany existing SCI location
Save the Children is undergoing significant transformation across a number of core business procedures, systems, and structures, through the implementation of a number of organisational change projects.
One programme is CAPP (Coding, Agresso, PPM PRIME) which has the following objectives:
- Deploys a new global financial data model (Coding) across the organisation
- Introduces a new finance system (Agresso) to our Member offices
- Introduces a new project management methodology (PMM) to improve the quality of our programming for children
- Deliver a technology solution (PRIME) that enables the new project management methodology and helps us capture MEAL data for our programmes
- Ensures that our award management system (AMS) is used to manage all of our donor awards
Deploying each of these solutions has a specific benefit of improving the quality and efficiency of financial and project management across Save the Children. The larger aim of the programme is also to achieve further standardisation of our systems and processes, to become a more efficient and effective organisation and focus more of our time and effort on better outcomes for children.
The project delivers this solution across Save the Children International (80+ offices) and the Save the Children Membership (20+ offices). This role will be focused on working with Save the Children Members.
We have deployed the full solution to 4 of our Members offices now (Sweden, Denmark, India and Netherlands) and have taken lessons learned from these deployment to create a standardised plan for the roll-out of these solutions in Members. We are now embarking on the second round of Member offices, which includes working with our offices in the US, Spain, Canada and further in the future Norway, Australia and UK.
In order to be able to execute the next round of deployments in an efficient and standardised manner, we are now recruiting and additional senior project manager into the team to oversee the deployment to one or multiple Member offices. The senior project manager will work with the Comms and Change Manager to manage the relationship with the Member offices and work with an international team of IT staff and subject matter experts to drive the deployment forward.
The Senior Project Manager sits within the Project and Change Management team that is part of the Transformation Delivery Department within Save the Children International. This role is accountable for the successful deployment of the CAPP solution in their allocated Member office(s).
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience working with a standardised project management methodology and associated processes and tools
- Excellent understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to negotiate/mediate; to facilitate the resolution of conflicting business requirements
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to question thought partners across functional areas
- Ability to effectively prioritise work and agree and communicate priorities within the team
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and able to take the initiative and ownership to deliver value to the business
- Cultural awareness and experience of delivering solutions internationally
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Engaging as well as assertive, influencing and negotiating
- Experience leading teams
- True passion for results, responsibility and proactivity
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English
- Competent in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness and ability to travel
- A second language. Preferably French, Spanish or Arabic.
We can offer circa £57,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in London or any existing Save the Children International office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work -Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 12 May 2022
Closing date: 1 Sep 2022 - 00:59 CEST
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Department: Business Transformation
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time