Technical Excellence Intern
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the– Technical Excellence Intern at Londor or any existing Save the Children International office location.
Save the Children is committed to driving the uptake of our Common Approaches and to build the skills & capacity needed so that they can be implemented to the highest standard.
Bronze courses offer all staff the opportunity to familiarise themselves with a Common Approach via a self-led online course. Silver courses train implementing staff and offer a longer, blended learning approach with experiential application through activities and graded assignments.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, tech savvy intern who will be responsible for supporting the Technical Excellence Team (one Senior Manager and two Managers) in the delivery of Bronze and Silver level training courses of the Save the Children Common Approaches Learning Programme.
The role holder will be part of the Strategy, Quality, & Technical Excellence Team, within Program Quality & Impact.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- High level of IT competency, particularly Microsoft Office, Sharepoint, and Teams, including the ability to independently facilitate remote events, manage lists or document libraries, edit intranet pages, etc.
- Experience with using a Learning Management System (Blackboard, Moodle, or Totara) either as a student or an administrator
- Adopts a pro-active approach to problem solving, working closely with team members and other colleagues as required
- Highly organized with a strong attitude for precision and thorough attention to detail
- Sound judgment and an ability to effectively prioritise multiple tasks
- A positive, flexible and collaborative approach; ability to engage with a broad range of people at all levels, across different cultures
- Fluency in English with excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of Save the Children;
- Experience using Articulate 360 (Rise, Storyline) or other e-learning software
- Experience developing surveys using Survey Monkey
- Experience using Workplace by Facebook or any other social enterprise platform
- Written language skills in French, Spanish or Arabic
This role can be based in London or any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work - Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 17 Jun 2022
Closing date: 4 Jul 2022 - 00:59 CEST
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Department: Information Technology
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time