Call for Proposals
Action for Inclusive Education
Request for Proposals
Save the Children International in Kosova/o (SCiK)
Project reference: 2018/ RFP-001
Save the Children in Kosova/o has a new 3-year award funded by the Ferrari Foundation, through Save the Children Italy to support our Country Strategy and programmatic work on Inclusive Education (IE). The award will provide Save the Children International in Kosovo with the opportunity to roll out the implementation of best practices in IE through a school cluster approach, and will increase the capacities of municipal support systems to deliver qualitative inclusive education in 7 municipalities throughout Kosovo.
This project aims to increase awareness and commitment of communities and authorities at national and local level on provision of quality IE for Children with Disabilities (CwD), enjoying their basic right to education and child protection. The aim is to build partnerships with Disability Peoples Organizations (DPOs) and deliver interventions and learning that respond to the barriers faced by CwD in realizing their right to Inclusive Education. Through this Request for Proposals, Save the Children International in Kosova/o is launching a call for proposal to support the local Disability Peoples Organizations ( DPOs) work on IE. The Call is open to applications from non-governmental and not-for-profit organizations.
II. Objective of the Call and priority issues
This funding will be used to foster innovative approaches as well as provide support to existing examples of good practice, strengthening our programmatic response capacity in a phase of strategic expansion and increased focus on IE within Save the Children International in Kosova/o.
The objective of the Call is to:
a) Create innovative programmatic interventions and activities for the rights of CWD and promotion of IE, possibly including the use of information and communications technologies (ICTs) and social media;
b) Pieces of research, documentation or evaluation that will generate new and useful evidence to inform advocacy strategy on IE;
c) Funding or technical gaps in existing programs on IE with the potential to deliver high impact for children and/or evidence good practice.
Types of actions
Applicant organizations should suggest activities that are related to the following areas:
• Public awareness campaigns, such as TV, Radio, social media and press publishing of activities and community mobilization events (children and communities) aiming to raise awareness on the rights of Children with Disabilities (CWD) and on the concept of IE through self-advocacy methods;
• Advocacy activities, such as on policy work, that step up the positioning of CWD within Kosova/o society, including lobbying for local policy and budget on IE for CWD;
• Cross-disability advocacy strategies directed towards IE at local and/or national level;
• Piloting new, or strengthening existing, IE programming including activities that promote cross-sectoral approaches for response to the needs of CWD in education (including protection, livelihoods, education, health, resilience etc).
• Advocacy initiatives that aim to introduce new or improved technologies for the promotion of education for all children;
• Generating new, original evidence, which will contribute to filling key knowledge gaps about IE;
• Awareness raising informational sessions for parents and relevant stakeholders on IE and the rights of CWD and ;
• Capacity building activities for stakeholders, including CSOs/DPOs and parents and children to support them in being the voice of CWD.
• The proposed action should be implemented in Kosova/o: Prishtinë/Pristina, Ferizaj/Urosevac, Gjilan/Gnjilane, Gjakovë/Djakovica, Peja/Pec, Mitrovica South, and Prizren.
III. Purpose of the Partnership
Applications are encouraged that:
I. Have a plan and allocate budget for capturing learning and evidence from the activity;
II. Have potential for scale up;
III. Have potential for sustainability beyond the grant;
IV. Are gender sensitive;
V. Where possible and ethically appropriate, seek to include children in the recognition that peer support is one of the most effective responses to the specific rights of children with disabilities and
VI. Committed to implement and adapt Child Safeguarding Standards.
IV. Partner’s Eligibility Criteria and Required Documents
In order to be eligible for this call for proposal, the applicant must be a Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and Community Based Organization (CBOs) established and acting in the territory of Kosova/o.
All applicants must demonstrate that they are registered and active in by presenting the following documents together with their application:
The required documents:
· Application form -– (Annex 1- Project Proposal Template)
· Budget (Annex II)
· Board and management information - Vetting Information (Annex III)
· Certificate of Registration in Kosovo
· Statute of the organization
· Fiscal Number Certificate in Kosovo
· Profiles (brief of technical expertise & work experience)
· A document issued by the Kosovo Tax Administration certifying that the organization has no pending financial obligations, such as social, health or tax obligations – issued within this Call period;
The required templates may be downloaded at the following link: https://kosovo.savethechildren.net/resources
V. Financial Allocations
The total budget available is 120,000 EUR
The Proposed budget to be between 35,000-40,000 Euros for the implementation period
The call for proposal will cover 100% of eligible costs.
Save the Children in Kosova/o plans to sign Partnership Agreements for three best proposals.
VI. Project Duration
All proposals must be 28-31month duration. The anticipated start date is 1st of May, 2018 and be completed by 30th of November , 2020.
VII. Submission Deadline and Instructions
The last date for submission is 11th of April 2018.
All the questions and queries may be directed through email: email@example.com
by, 21st of March 2018. Please put in subject line: 2018/ RFP-001
All applications will be reviewed by a small panel of thematic specialists within Save the Children International in Kosovo. It is anticipated that the final decision will be communicated to applicants by 20th of April 2018.
Non Profit Organizations (NGOs), community based organization (CBOs) interested to work in partnership with Save the Children International in Kosovo may apply within this RFP and submit the required documentation signed and stamped in a sealed envelope including electronic copy CD/USB to:
Save the Children in Kosovo/a, Str. Gazmend Zajmi, no 01,10000 Prishtina, Kosova/o.
Please label the envelope: 2018/ RFP-001
Issuance of this Request for Proposals (RfP) does not constitute an award or commitment on the part of the Save the Children International in Kosovo, nor does it commit Save the Children to pay for costs incurred in the preparation and submission of the application.