ROLE PURPOSE: The Reporting Lead will support in drafting, reviewing, and quality-assuring reports to ensure that Save the Children in Ukraine presents comprehensive timely, and high-quality reports to various donors. Reporting to the Awards Director, and in close collaboration with Ops and PDQ departments, the Reporting Lead will be responsible for developing of quality reporting. Specifically, for supporting the operations leadership of the Ukraine country and area offices to ensure that multi-sector and multi-location interventions are reported efficiently and effectively. This role will work with different departments and offices to ensure coherence within reporting throughout the life cycle of the projects in alignment with the proposal narrative, logframe, budget, timelines, and compliance requirements. Overall, she/he involves translating project data into clear and compelling narratives, adhering to donor requirements, maintaining accountability, and effectively communicating the impact of funded projects to stakeholders.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
The Reporting Lead will:
- Write reports with input from e.g. Head of Programs, Area Directors, Thematic Advisors, Award Managers, SCI teams.
- Quality assure reports, including checking consistency, editing contents and language.
- Ensure compliance with templates, guidelines and requirements by donors and Save the Children.
- Adapt and customise contents, language and presentation to each donor’s expectations.
- Prepare appealing and donor-appropriate layout of text, photos and illustrations, in line with Save the Children’s graphic profile and guidelines.
- Translate contents from local language to English when required.
- Coordinate with SCS colleagues, SCI offices, partners and sometimes the member to ensure relevant and timely inputs.
- Map out the capacity building needs of partners and SCI field teams on elements affecting the overall quality of reports and accurate information flow.
- Participate in project teams for complex reports.
- Provide capacity building to national staff and local partners to enhance the quality of reporting.
- Support in producing other information and communications products for both internal and external audiences as required.
- Other tasks as assigned by the line manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or equivalent.
- 3-4 years of experience of working in a similar program, preferably in a humanitarian environment.
- Previous experience of supporting programme management across multiple locations.
- Experience working with civil society on humanitarian and development programming.
- Understanding of general reporting, MEAL activities including accountability approaches, project assessments, designing, managing, monitoring and evaluating humanitarian programmes.
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Excellent communication skills with a high level of written and spoken English.
- The candidate should be able to edit documents, ensuring consistent language and logical flow.
- Experience of leading the preparation and submitting high-quality narrative and budget reports for donors, including ECHO, IHA GAC, DEC, SIDA, BHA. UNOCHA, etc.
- Experience of project management and project cycle management, including project design, implementation, and evaluation.
- Good understanding of donor compliance and reporting mechanisms and requirements.
- Good understanding of monitoring and evaluation mechanisms.
- Previous NGO experience, particularly with international NGOs on donor report writing and coordination.
- Ukrainian and Russian languages are an added value.
- Experience or knowledge of working and living in relevant regions/contexts within Ukraine.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety:
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
If you are interested in the vacancy, we are looking forward for your application. A СV in English will be an advantage. Also, we will be grateful if you indicate the expected salary level and the level of English language proficiency.